01. Why did you start in this business we call show?
Creating something that wasn’t there before = the most alive it’s possible to feel. (‘To make any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So, do it’ Kurt Vonnegut)
02. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Fury at injustice.
03. What is your favourite swear word?
Cunt. It’s the oldest word in the English language to describe a vagina and comes from words that mean either woman, knowledge, creator or queen. Boom. It can be used as a term of endearment or vehement hatred. Love love love it.
04. What would have been the worst possible day for you to sleep through the alarm?
We’re showcasing at Focus Wales 2019 and will be setting a fuck ton of alarms in preparation.
05. Presley or Costello?
06. What was the one gig (yours or someone else’s) that made time still for you?
Daft Punk in Hyde Park. Thousands of people seemingly hugging and dancing at the same time. It was pure love and unending energy. No one could quite believe how incredible it was. Life changing.
07. What sound or noise do you love?
There is no sweeter sound than the result of an engineer getting the levels right.
08. It’s 3am. The promoter stole all the money. Two people turned up to the gig. Your name is spelled wrong on the poster. It’s raining. What makes you get up tomorrow and do it all over again?
We have to get up tomorrow and burn that promoter’s house down (just kidding, we’ve got practice).
09. Where do all the odd socks go?
10. What will it say on your tombstone?
Rest in Punk
Gulls new single, ‘Shop’ is out now.