01. Why did you start in this business we call show?
I started this business as a way to vent my feelings/frustrations and general boredom with a lot of popular music. I basically write for my own entertainment.
02. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
I’m turned on by wit and warmth.
03. What is your favourite swear word?
04. What would have been the worst possible day for you to sleep through the alarm?
Missing any new Star Wars film. Or one of my mums roasts.
05. Presley or Costello?
06. What was the one gig (yours or someone else’s) that made time still for you?
That would have to be when we supported Gary Numan in 2017. It was absolutely incredible.
07. What sound or noise do you love?
Classical music or whispering gently in my ear.
08. It’s 3am. The promoter stole all the money. Two people turned up to the gig. Your name is spelled wrong on the poster. It’s raining. What makes you get up tomorrow and do it all over again?
What makes me carry on is the belief that what we’re doing is a bit different than everyone else. Also, the knowledge that you’re always gonna have a bum day but that the next one is gonna be bangin.
09. Where do all the odd socks go?
All the odd socks get eaten by the sock monster. Everyone knows that.
10. What will it say on your tombstone?
Finally, my wife can get a decent night’s sleep at last.
- 27th July @ Hope & Anchor, London – The Rude Awakening/Iamwarface/Nature of Wires/1i2c
- 3rd August @ The Green Door Store, Brighton – Iamwarface Album Launch
- 30th August @ Canvas Bournemouth – The Kut/Iamwarface/Hawxx plus Black Tree Vultures
- 7th September @ Patchworks Basement Room, Twickenham – Iamwarface Presents Stay Clam
- 26th September @ The Lounge 666, London – The InSect/Iamwarface/Graves + guests
- 17th November @ The Hope & Ruin, Brighton – Legpuppy with guest Iamwarface, Android in the Mist