01. Why did you start in this business we call show?
Ali: I started off doing ballet dancing when I was young, my parents were trying to stop me being violent to other children
Leah: To get into pubs underage
02. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Leah: Getting out into nature
03. What is your favourite swear word?
Ali: Cockwomble obviously! It’s not clear yet whether it’s a proper swear word.
04. What would have been the worst possible day for you to sleep through the alarm?
Vicky: Sunday or we’ll miss our Rebellion set
Leah: The amount of times I’ve fallen asleep on a train and woken up in a different county entirely are countless…
05. Presley or Costello?
Ali: Both are great, but Elvis is the King.
06. What was the one gig (yours or someone else’s) that made time still for you?
Ali: Flaming Lips, Reading 1999. Magic
Leah: The Flaming Lips in Birmingham in 2009 – unreal
(NB- we hadn’t seen each other’s answers when we both said Flaming Lips, that’s really funny)
Vicky: Meeting Joe Strummer the play
07. What sound or noise do you love?
Ali: TARDIS dematerialising. Delorean car door. Closing piano lid. Decent salmon river. Electric guitar
Vicky: Double bass
Leah: Other than the sound of my own voice, I’d probably have to say the sound of a teapot being poured!
08. It’s 3am. The promoter stole all the money. Two people turned up to the gig. Your name is spelled wrong on the poster. It’s raining. What makes you get up tomorrow and do it all over again?
Ali: There were two people at the gig
Vicky: The same reason you went to that one
Leah: My parents ask me the same thing a lot! I wish I knew…
09. Where do all the odd socks go?
Ali: All my socks are odd. I don’t wear matching socks as it makes me think something bad is going to happen
Leah: I blame Brexit
10. What will it say on your tombstone?
Ali: Kiss me, Hardy. I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Do you ever feel like you’ve been cheated?
Leah: Leah Dennison “She literally couldn’t even”
Cockwomble’s Self-Titled is available now: