01. Why did you start in this business we call show?
I didn’t really want to work a normal job, and I guess I’ve always wanted to travel and be a nomad. So using your art as the thing you do to help the world was something I wanted to do. A lot of jobs are very selfish but I feel like art gives to people. It doesn’t really matter about the money, it’s about the people. I’m definitely not in it for the money. If you come to showbiz looking for money then you’re stupid, mate. We just started it because we like music. It’s that simple.
02. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Weird things – something that will make you go, ‘oh I haven’t seen this before’. Or challenges you and pushes things forward.
03. What is your favourite swear word?
Cunt in an Australian accent.
04. What would have been the worst possible day for you to sleep through the alarm?
I don’t actually know. I do sleep through my alarm all the time. No comment
05. Presley or Costello?
Um. I don’t know.
06. What was the one gig (yours or someone else’s) that made time still for you?
There were two – the first one was when we supported JPEGMAFIA last year and that was just like really weird. It was like how did we get here. We were looking at the crowd and at first, everyone was like what the fuck and then by the end we got some people. We were complete shit, not gonna lie. And then our gig at House Of Vans was sick as well.
07. What sound or noise do you love?
Just weird, trippy sounds. Stuff that makes you not know what the fuck it is.
08. It’s 3am. The promoter stole all the money. Two people turned up to the gig. Your name is spelled wrong on the poster. It’s raining. What makes you get up tomorrow and do it all over again?
Liking it I guess. We’ve played so many gigs where there’s only one person in the crowd, and JPEGMAFIA showed us a video of him playing in front of one person just a year before. It doesn’t really matter. People are just stupid. It happens eventually if you try hard enough. You should only try if you care about it. If you don’t care about it then, of course, it will piss you off. We like it and it’s ours as well, it’s no one else’s.
09. Where do all the odd socks go?
Down the sofa.
10. What will it say on your tombstone?
It was all a meme.
You can find No Comment, the latest single by Para Fiction here: